Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2500 Game 2/6/2010, Saim Hann VS Iron Warriors

So I had a friendly game today against a friend who I haven't had the pleasure of playing before. It was 2500 points. I'll get a copy of his list tomorrow when I see him again.

I ran with some new things since I had the points to spare - namely 10 'shees and Exarch with executioner, Shining Spears + Exarch w/ Withdraw + Autarch.

I was really surprised and flabbergasted at the 'killy' of the banshees and spears.

I took serious casualties on them during their first assaults due to them completely annihilating whatever they charged and being left open to a turn of shooting and counter charging. Regardless they made their points back, if only just.

The game played was Capture and Control, Spearhead deployment. The game unfortunately ended in a Draw - With both of us having troops his objective, and I only had the Elites to contest my own objective.

It came down to VPs, and the difference was <10% too.

All in all it was a very close game throughout the six turns it went over. Turn for turn, kills were matched point wise via counter assaults and shooting.

Apologies for no Battle report, I have a bad memory, I can only remember movements :(.

What did I learn from this game? Don't ever under-estimate a units potential, especially one which is your own.

What else did I learn? Written and video references work a treat for battle reporting. I should fine a venue which allows for Video captures :d

My list was;

Farseer
Runes of Warding
Runes of Witnessing
Spirit Stones
Fortune
Doom
Eldar Jetbike

Warlocks
5 x Warlocks
3 x Destructor
1 x Enhance
1 x Embolden
Eldar Jetbikes
(Seer council)

Autarch
Laser Lance
Eldar Jetbike
Mandiblasters
(Attached to the Shining Spears)

Shining Spears
Exarch
Withdraw

Banshee Squad
10 Banshees
Exarch
Executioner

Wave Serpent
TL Shuriken Cannons
Spirit Stones

Fire Dragons
6 Fire Dragons


Wave Serpent

TL Missile Launchers
Shuriken Cannon
Spirit Stones

Fire Dragons
6 Fire Dragons


Wave Serpent

TL Missile Launchers
Shuriken Cannon
Spirit Stones

Guardian Jetbike Squadron
6 Guardian Jetbikes
2 Shuriken Cannons

Guardian Jetbike Squadron
6 Guardian Jetbikes
2 Shuriken Cannons

Guardian Jetbike Squadron
6 Guardian Jetbikes
2 Shuriken Cannons

Dire Avengers
5 Dire Avengers

Falcon
Missile Launcher
Holo-fields
Stones

Fire Prism

Fire Prism
blog comments powered by Disqus