Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eldrad, he is totally rad.



WIP of Eldrad I'm working on.

The idea is that it will be a GD entry this year, but I'll have to wait until he is complete to really pass judgment on whether he is worthy or not.

Something I think I'll work on is his Sash, I might darken the recesses again to really make it pop.

I also chose Eldrad over any other model just because 1; hes bad arse on the tabletop. Sure he might be a little bit expensive, but comparatively and for what he does, he cannot be beat. The ability to use a second power is fantastic. He can do the job of 2 Farseers for the price of one.

Anyway, back onto delicious hobby goodness. I'm pretty happy with the robe, though I'm afraid it may look too stark, however Eldary. Another one is the Wraithbone on his chest, which I am afraid may not have enough contrast. Things like this won't be apparrent until the model is mostly completed however.

I used a mix of Black + Shadow Grey with increments of Shadow gray and then Space Wolfs Grey for his robe, slowly building up colour, the wraithbone was a bit more simple with Tau Sept Ochre and Bleached Bone and adding white.

The cloak was the same deal, with Liche and Warlock Purple being blended up and then adding white to the mix to really make it pop. For the back of the cloak I'm considering using a similar design from the Celestial Wizard from the Heavy Metal Empire Wizard challenge, though probably not so much for stars but more a purple blue backdrop with some colour.
blog comments powered by Disqus